We are super excited to announce something we’ve been working on for quite awhile now: Indie Game: The Movie - The Special Edition.
The IGTM Special Edition is a an anthology collection of completely new material. It is the ultimate version of Indie Game: The Movie.
Through the Special Edition, find out what happened after, discover new stories & developers and dive deeper into the film than you ever could before.
Available on Steam and from our the IGTM website, the Special Edition Digital Version includes:
- 100+ minutes of new short films.
- Epilogues & ‘What Happened After?’
- New Team Meat Commentary (on the short film anthology)
- New Directors Commentary
If you already own the movie, the digital SE is available as a stand-alone pre-order directly from us, the filmmakers now or available as DLC on Steam July 24th.
If you don't own the movie, you can buy both the film and the digital SE content in one whole package directly from us or get the whole thing on Steam.
Barely fitting into three full DVDs or Blu-Rays, the Special Edition Box Set is housed in limited edition packaging with artwork by Edmund McMillen.
It is a limited edition release, available here.
Included in the physical set:
- 3 discs with over 300 mins of content
- Limited edition packaging with artwork by Edmund McMillen
- A dual-sided poster featuring the original IGTM theatrical poster and a limited edition poster with artwork by Edmund McMillen
- 48 page Indie Game: The Movie notebook
- Indie Game: The Movie laptop sticker
- All editions are hand signed, numbered and lovingly handcrafted by the directors & their tired little hands
- Limited Edition of 3,000 DVDs and 3,000 Blu-Ray sets
Included on the discs:
- Full Theatrical cut of Indie Game: The Movie in 1080P High Definition
- 5.1 Surround Sound Audio Mix / 2.1 Stereo Mix
- Directors Film Commentary
- Team Meat Film Commentary
- Family Friendly Theatrical Cut (Swear Free & possible offending visuals removed)
- Over 300+ minutes of new material.
- 100+ minutes of a new short film anthology.
- Epilogues & ‘What Happened After?’
- Deleted Scenes
- New Team Meat Commentary (on the short film anthology, Epilogues & Deleted Scenes)
- Making Of Featurette: ‘Indie Game: Behind The Movie’
- Discussion and Q&A with the full ‘Cast & Crew’ of IGTM
- Post Screening Director Q & A
- Extended Interviews
The Box Set will be shipping early August and includes a code for a digital Special Edition. If you preorder now, you will receive the Box Set Special Edition for $59.99 (DVD) or $69.99 (Blu-Ray). Once the SE starts shipping, the remaining editions will be priced at $69.99 (DVD) & $89.99 (Blu-Ray).
There is more information and definitely more to say about the Special Edition, but we wanted to keep this entry somewhat digestible and manageable.
The Special Edition is something that we are very proud of and excited for. Personally, it represents the end of a life-changing, 3-year odyssey with this film, and is likely our final word on Indie Game: The Movie.
We worked really hard on it to make it worth the wait and worth the support that you all have given the film over this time.
We hope you like it.
Lisanne & James
p.s. Oh! And tell a Friend! :)
We had the pleasure of collaborating with some great people on this project.
The S.E. would not be what it is without the wonderful help, talent and generousity of: All the developers who shared their stories, Jim Guthrie, Adam Saltsman, Edmund McMillen, Chris Pointon, Sara Gross, Michael Eades & the super awesome VHX team, Matt and the folks at Steam, Raymond Friesen, Elbert Bakker and Troy Giesbrecht at Handcraft Creative, Ryan, Matt and the great guys at Area5, Kert Gartner, Jason Scott & Kym Dopheide.
We'll talk more about what these awesome people have done a little later, but we could do an announcement without acknowledging their fantastic work.