With release day quickly approaching, we wanted to fill in a little more details about the Steam Version...
First up: The Steam version of the film is being produced by the talented, prolific and boyishly handsome Adam Saltsman! You may know Adam from his hit iOS game: Canabalt or from his work on the Hunger Games: Girl on Fire iOS title or from his Flixel platform or from- well, there’s a TON of stuff you may know Adam from. Point being: He is doing great work on the IGTM Steam App and we are super lucky to have him on our team.
We actually did a small piece on Adam & Canabalt. You can see it here.
So, while Adam is cranking away on the Steam Application. And here's a quick rundown of what you can expect from the Steam version of ‘Indie Game: The Movie’...
- 1080P, full HD video.
- Team Meat Audio Commentary Track: Edmund McMillen and Tommy Refenes provide their various insights throughout the film. Hilarious, informative and sometimes outright lies :) It’s a great compliment to the film.
- Subtitle / Language Support: The Steam Version will support the following subtitles: English, English (descriptive), French, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil) and Traditional Chinese. As more languages become available, we plan to add these in.
- Assorted Video Extras, Various video extras created during the initial production of the film. These are not the extras that will eventually make up the Special Edition of the film.
- It will indeed be an application, not a bare video file. Meaning it will behave like any other Steam game/application. You download it, boot it up, make full screen. Sit back and enjoy!
Coming in an update soon after launch:
- Filmmaker Audio Commentary Track: James Swirsky and Lisanne Pajot. Not nearly as funny as ‘Team Meat’. But hopefully as informative :)
- Additional Subtitle / Language Support: We have additional languages in the works. We hope to be adding soon: Dutch, Spanish, German, Japanese, Thai, Russian, Arabic and Hebrew.
Hopefully coming in a update soon after launch:
- Achievements: Yes, we know that sounds slightly odd, but people have been asking, and we think it’s fun. If we can make them happen, we’ll happily get them in there.
We are unbelievably excited to have Indie Game: The Movie as the first feature film on Steam. You can get your copy here. And of course, you can also find the film on iTunes and DRM-free directly from us here.
Options! We’re all about options. Whatever way you want to find, buy and watch Indie Game: The Movie works for us!
We hope you enjoy the film!
-James & Lisanne