We’ve been getting a fair bit of emails asking about our equipment and workflow. Enough, that we thought it might be interesting to do a little post about what we’re using to make this film.
We are just at the beginning of a 3 month long road trip in which we will not be back home at all - which means...lots of gear to pack.
This is us packing...
That video is a little misleading as the majority of our traveling will be in our trusty Toyota Yaris and not by plane (sadly). In fact, we just logged a 33 hour driving stretch right before this video.
This is the gear...
- Canon 5D Mark II Body (2)
- Canon 50mm 1.4
- Canon 24-105mm F4 IS
- Canon 24-70mm F2.8
- Canon 70-200mm F2.8 IS
- Canon 100mm F2.8 Macro IS
- Assorted ND Filters
- Vari ND Filters (2)
- Canon 5D Mark II Batteries (6)
- Canon 5D Mark II Chargers (3)
- Kingston 266x 32 GB CF Cards (6)
- Lexar 400x 16 GB CF Cards (2)
- CF Card Reader USB
- CF Card Reader FW800
- Zoom H4n (2)
- Rode VideoMic
- Sennheiser MKE 400
- Rode NTG-3 Shotgun Mic
- Shotgun Mic Accessories
- Sennheiser G2 Lav Pac
- Sony Lav Mic Set
- Lectrosonic Transmitter/Receiver
- Multiple Lav Mics (4)
- Rycote Softies
- Cool Lights 1x1 LED 600 Panels (2)
- Zylight Z90
- Small AA powered LED Panel
- V Lock Batteries (2) & Charger
- 5 in 1 PhotoFlex Disc
- JEM Lighting Harps (2)
- 500W 3200K Fluorescents
- 18” China Balls (6)
- Manfrotto Tripod (2)
- Manfrotto Monopod (560B) / 701 HDV Head (2)
- Gorilla Pod
- Lowel Lighting Stands (6)
- Grip Heads (2)
- Red Rock Micro EyeSpy Deluxe Rig
- Kesler Slider/Pocket Dolly (not pictured)
- Gaffers Tape
- TONS of AA, AAA, D Batteries
- Extension Cords (2)
- Lots of wires and accessory pieces
- MacBook Pro (2)
- LaCie 2TB D2 Drives (4 ... for now)
- Seagate 1 TB GoFlex Drives (6)
That’s the majority of it. Probably a bit of over-packing going on here. And I’m sure the gear list will slowly creep larger as we go. But actually, for what we’re doing, this isn’t too crazy a list.
If you have any questions about what we use, feel free to give us a shout.
I’m thinking that we’ll likely do a follow up blog nearing the end of the project. A post that looks at what worked, what didn’t. What we wish we had, and what we wish we left.
Sooo, That’s the Gear :)